Monday, March 30, 2020

UNPRECEDENTED?



If you grew up listening to grandma's / grandpa's war stories, you know we've been through worse. Perspective is important. It can give hope.

2020 : We have stay inside for a month or two.
1944 : Your loved one was just taken by the Japanese to work on airfields and you may never see him or her again.

2020 : My kids need fresh air and things to keep from boredom.
1944 : Your kids need a place where they can hide during bombing and things to keep them alive.

2020 : I can only Facetime with my relatives and friends and cannot see them.
1944 : You cannot even write a letter to your son who is somewhere in the US Navy far from home.

2020 : Netflix needs to fix its problems; I can't watch a movie without it crashing.
1944 : We are sitting in the dark so that the Americans in their planes don't see a light and shoot us, or the Japanese come and punish us for having a light.

2020 : Every man for himself. I'm going to hoard whatever I can to survive.
1944 : I will trade my corn for the fish the man by the sea catches. Together we will survive.

2020 : Payless has reduced hours and has a maximum number of customers at any time.
1944 : You pray no typhoon, drought or pests ruin your one and only field of corn.

These are not unprecedented times nor difficulties.

We have been through worse. And most survived.


No comments:

Post a Comment